ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 3E
TENLEYTOWN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY PARK FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS
c/o Lisner-Louise-Dickson-Hurt Home 5425 Western Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20015
THIS VOLUNTARY AGREEMENT (The “Agreement”) made this 11th day
of October, 2012, by and between the National Presbyterian School (“Applicant”) and Advisory Neighborhood Commission (“ANC”) 3E.
Whereas: On July 12, 2012, the National Presbyterian School (“NPS”) came before the ANC requesting permission to renovate and expand its facilities, and made promises in writing and representation before the ANC and community.
Whereas: NPS recognizes the burden it places on the community in the form of added vehicular traffic pressures and wishes also to support the community and, in the spirit of being a good neighbor has committed, pending acceptance by the groups or institutions involved, that:
1. NPS will donate $4,000, toward traffic calming and safety-related measures caused by inappropriate cut through traffic that DDOT has studied and recommended for Van Ness Street.
2. NPS has implemented a program that is designed to encourage carpooling, mass transit usage, and other non-vehicular modes of transportation, and will consider expanding/increasing those incentives to reduce the overall vehicular pressures associated with the school’s operation.
3. NPS pledges to be a willing advocate and party to conversations related to putting in place a bike trail that may or may not require right of way along the school’s property that fronts Nebraska Avenue.
4. NPS pledges to respond promptly to any specific, reasonable community complaints raised by pressures associated with faculty and parent vehicular usage.
5. NPS will provide the most environmentally beneficial roofing material possible that is economically feasible, and will report back to the ANC with their findings.
Therefore be it resolved:
ANC 3E supports the National Presbyterian School’s application before the BZA.
This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter herein and shall not be changed or terminated orally. There are no other warranties or representations made or relied upon by any of the parties to this matter other than those expressly set forth in said Agreement. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia
This Agreement may be executed simultaneously in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. In the event any part of this Agreement should be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction or the Board of Zoning and Adjustments to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the rest of the Agreement shall not be affected and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced as if this Agreement did not contain the particular part held to be invalid or unenforceable.
Each party who signs the agreement warrants that he or she is authorized to do so.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the day
and year stated below:
APPLICANT: National Presbyterian School
Print Name: Jim Neill
Title: Head of School
Date Signed: _______________________
Print Name: Matthew Frumin
Title: ANC3E Chairperson
Date Signed: 10/11/2012