ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 3E
TENLEYTOWN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY PARK
c/o Lisner Home 5425 Western Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20015
RESOLUTION SUPPORTING LIQUOR LICENSE FOR TANAD THAI
- Tanad Thai, a restaurant at 4912 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, seeks a liquor license that would apply both to indoor dining and an outdoor summer garden.
- Members of the same family operating Tanad Thai operated a substantially-similar restaurant, 4912 Thai Cuisine, at the same location for many years.
- Current ANC 3E members can recall receiving no complaints regarding 4912 Thai Cuisine or, during the pendency of its temporary stipulated liquor license, Tanad Thai.
- No other reason exists to believe that permitting Tanad Thai to serve alcohol would impose an undue burden on the neighborhood.
- 4912 Thai Cuisine and Tanad Thai have been popular with residents.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
- ANC 3E supports Tanad Thai’s application for a liquor license.
The resolution passed by a vote of 5-0-0 at a properly noticed meeting held on July 12, 2012, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Frumin, Quinn, Serebin, and Sklover in attendance.
by Matthew Frumin