Crimes in Police Service Area 202
Reported in September 2019
|OFFENSE||September2019||August 2019||September2018||2019YTD Total (avg/month)||2018Total (avg/month)|
|Homicide||0||0||0||1 (0.11)||0 (0.00)|
|Sex Abuse||0||0||0||1 (0.11)||0 (0.00)|
|Assault with Dangerous Weapon||1||2||1||4 (0.44)||9 (0.75)|
|Robbery||0||1||4||9 (1.00)||17 (1.42)|
|Total Violent Crimes||1||3||5||15 (1.67)||26 (2.17)|
|Burglary||1||0||3||18 (2.00)||18 (1.50)|
|Thefts from Auto||10||21||18||172 (19.11)||251 (20.92)|
|Thefts Other||21||40||26||240 (26.67)||286 (23.83)|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||3||1||1||13 (1.44)||29 (2.42)|
|Total Property Crimes||35||62||48||443 (49.22)||584 (48.67)|
|TOTAL||36||65||53||458 (50.89)||610 (50.83)|
Data reflect the date crimes were reported to MPD and include all crimes reported in PSA 202 as of October 2, 2019. Source: https://crimecards.dc.gov/
PSA 202 Crime Trends:
Crimes this month were 44% lower than last month and 32% lower than September 2018. Thefts Other are still trending higher than average, and Motor Vehicle Thefts trending lower than average.
Crime Details by Category:
Assault with Dangerous Weapon (1 Total)
- Monday, September 9, 4:08 AM: 4200 block of Wisconsin Ave NW. CCN 19160258. The victim sustained injuries to his head when the suspect struck the victim with a coffee pot. The suspect was arrested.
Burglary (1 Total)
- Tuesday, September 10, 12:35 AM: 4900 block of 45th St NW. CCN 19161366. An unknown person entered the victim’s home while he was asleep and stole bags containing pet supplies and fled in an unknown direction. The suspect may have entered through an unlocked doggie door.
Motor Vehicle Theft (3 Total)
- Between Tuesday, September 10, 11:30 PM and Wednesday, September 11, 3:30 AM: 4350 block of Jenifer St NW: CCN 19161489. The complainant states that the car was parked and he had the keys. There is no suspect information.
- Saturday, September 7, 9:00 PM: 5100 block of 41st St NW. CCN 19159815. The vehicle was parked on the street and stolen by an unknown suspect in an unknown manner. The vehicle keys are in the owner’s possession. There is no suspect information.
- Saturday, August 31, 5:30 PM: 3800 block of Yuma St NW. CCN 19155156. The complainant stated that when she went to get into her vehicle, it was stolen. On September 2, the car was found several blocks from the offense location. The vehicle was unoccupied, locked, undamaged and no items appear to be missing from the vehicle.