RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT IN BZA #20431
- The owners of the property at 4301 Garrison Street NW seek to add a rear addition to their home.
- The property adjoins a public alley. The property is non-conforming, with only 3 feet of side yard on the alley side.
- The applicants ask permission to maintain the 3-foot setback of the current house for its addition. The applicants could build their proposed addition as of right if it maintained a 5-foot setback.
- The applicants have secured letters of support or non-opposition from seven neighbors, apparently including all adjacent neighbors, and, in light of the buffer provided by the alley, the addition does not appear substantially to adversely affect any neighbors.
- The proposed addition does not appear to be out of character with the neighborhood.
- The proposed addition would result in a loss of permeable space. The applicants have committed to installing and using at least one rain barrel, which should help mitigate the loss of permeable space.
- The applicants represent that construction of the addition will result in no loss of mature trees.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
- ANC 3E supports the above-referenced application, in reliance on the applicants’ promise to install and use at least one rain barrel to help mitigate the loss of permeable space from the addition.
- ANC 3E respectfully asks the Board of Zoning Adjustment, if it approves the instant application, to make the applicants’ commitment recited in the foregoing paragraph a condition of its approval.
The resolution passed by a vote of __-__-__ at a properly noticed meeting held on March 18, 2021, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Cohen, Hall, McHugh, and Quinn in attendance.
by Jonathan Bender