RESOLUTION SUPPORTING RODMAN’S APPLICATION FOR CLASS B FULL-SERVICE GROCERY LICENSE, ABRA-00394
- Rodman’s is a combination grocery store / pharmacy / housewares store located on the south end of 5100 Wisconsin Avenue. Many residents value the selection of goods available at Rodman’s at competitive prices.
- For decades Rodman has also sold beer and wine.
- Although on occasion there have been citizen complaints related to trucks cutting through truck-restricted side streets to make deliveries at Rodman’s, complaints which Rodman’s has addressed appropriately, we are unaware of any complaints related to actual beer and wine sales by Rodman’s.
- Rodman’s has applied for a “Substantial Change” to their liquor license from Retailer’s Class “B” Grocery to a Retailer’s Class “B” Full-Service Grocery Store.
- Rodman’s ultimately seeks a Class “D” Full-Service Grocery Store license that will allow it to serve beer and wine on premises and, with a proper endorsement, will allow such sale at an outdoor café.
- So far as ANC 3E can tell, the application before us would, if granted, simply change Rodman’s longstanding current license from a type superseded by the current “full-service” type after Rodman’s acquired the original license. There would not be a significant substantive change. Obtaining the updated Class B license appears to be a prerequisite to ultimately obtaining the Class D license Rodman’s needs to serve alcoholic beverages outside.
- As such and given Rodman’s longstanding sales of beer and wine without incident, the ANC sees no reason not to support the current application.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
- ANC 3E supports Rodman’s application.
The resolution passed by a vote of 5-0-0 at a properly noticed meeting held on March 18, 2021, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Cohen, Hall, McHugh, and Quinn in attendance.
by Jonathan Bender