RESOLUTION OPPOSING PUBLIC SPACE APPLICATION #339585
- The residents of 3848 Harrison Street NW (“Applicants”) have applied for permission to build a 6-foot wooden fence in public space in their side yard 5 feet parallel to the sidewalk along 39th Street to enhance their privacy. Because theirs is a corner lot, the public space in question directly abuts a sidewalk and street.
- The applicant indicated in a recent site visit with ANC Commissioner Quinn their willingness to amend the application and relocate the fence to be set-back from the sidewalk by approximately 12 feet and to not use solid fencing
- ANC 3E discussed this potential amended application at its properly noticed meeting on January 23rd and a majority of commissioners indicated that they would be likely to support such an amended application.
- As of February 13, 2020 no amended public space application is on file with DDOT and the Public Space Commission hearing is currently scheduled for February 27, 2020.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
- Although ANC 3E will likely support a fence set back 12 feet from the sidewalk the application currently on file is not one the ANC supports and the ANC opposes the current application.
2 . If the applicant files an amended application that is reflective of previously proffered design changes the ANC will consider that application at a future meeting.
The resolution passed by a vote of __-__-__at a properly noticed meeting held on February 13, 2020, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Hall, McHugh, Quinn, in attendance.
by Jonathan Bender