RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT IN BZA #FY-18-39-X
1. The owners of the property at 4821 43rd Street NW seek to add a one-story plus roof deck addition to their home there.
2. The proposed addition would not comply with zoning requirements for rear yard setback and that it not extend further than 10 feet beyond the farthest rear wall of an adjoining principal residential building. Likewise, the addition would involve stairs that encroach into the minimum 20 foot rear yard. Accordingly, the owners seek a special exception from those requirements.
3. The owners have secured letters of support or non-opposition from the nearest neighbors, and the addition does not appear substantially to adversely affect any neighbors.
4. The proposed addition does not appear to be out of character with the neighborhood.
5. The proposed addition would result in a slight loss of permeable space. The applicants have agreed to replace an impermeable walkway in their front yard with a permeable surface, which should mitigate the loss of permeable space.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
1. ANC 3E supports the above-referenced application, in reliance on the applicants’promise to replace the impermeable walkway in their front yard with a permeable surface to mitigate the slight loss of permeable space from the addition.
2. ANC 3E respectfully asks the Board of Zoning Adjustment, if it approves the instant application, to make replacement of the impermeable walkway in the applicant’s front yard with a permeable surface a condition of its approval.
The resolution passed by a vote of 5-0-0 at a properly noticed meeting held on October 11, 2018, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Ehrhardt, Hall, McHugh, and Quinn in attendance.
by Jonathan Bender Chairperson