Crimes in Police Service Area 202
Reported in October 2021
|OFFENSE||October2021||September2021||October2020||2021YTD Total (avg/month)||2020Total (avg/month)||Avg/monthJan 2015 – Oct 2021|
|Homicide||0||0||0||0 (0.00)||1 (0.08)||0.02|
|Sex Abuse||0||0||0||1 (0.10)||1 (0.08)||0.10|
|Assault with Dangerous Weapon||0||1||1||3 (0.30)||12 (1.00)||0.64|
|Robbery||2||3||1||12 (1.20)||9 (0.75)||1.23|
|Total Violent Crimes||2||4||2||16 (1.60)||23 (1.92)||2.00|
|Burglary||5||0||1||13 (1.30)||48 (4.00)||2.17|
|Thefts from Auto||19||15||3||90 (9.00)||183 (15.25)||14.92|
|Thefts Other||20||21||12||144 (14.40)||206 (17.17)||22.80|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||1||0||1||14 (1.40)||37 (3.08)||1.79|
|Total Property Crimes||45||36||17||261 (26.10)||474 (39.50)||41.68|
|TOTAL||47||40||19||277 (27.70)||497 (41.42)||43.68|
Data reflect the date crimes were reported to MPD and include all crimes reported in PSA 202 as of November 10, 2021. Source https://dcatlas.dcgis.dc.gov
PSA 202 Crime Trends:
Violent and Property Crimes increased this month over last month and over October 2020. Total Crimes were 67% higher than the monthly average for this year, 13% higher than the 2020 monthly average and 7% higher than the monthly average from January 2015 until today.
Crime Details by Category:
Robbery (2 Total)
- Friday, October 8, 9:47 AM; 3700 block of Veazey St NW; CCN 21146211. The suspect approached the victim, pointed a handgun at them, and demanded their wallet. The victim stated that all he had was his keys and the suspect left without obtaining anything. This case is still open.
- Thursday, October 14, 6:00 PM; 5200 block of Wisconsin Ave NW; CCN 21149572. The suspect entered Paul’s Wine and Spirits and produced a handgun. The suspect took money from the register, bottles of liquor and fled into the Metro. The suspect was apprehended as he was exiting the train at the Dupont Circle station. He was wanted also charged with 2 other robberies of liquor stores 2 nights prior.
Burglary (5 Total)
- Friday, October 1, 6:01 AM; 5224 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 21141510. The suspect smashed the front door of the Verizon store with a rock and entered. Once inside an I-Phone 11 was stolen. This case is still open.
- The following four burglaries are all related:
- Between Wednesday, October 20, 8:21 AM and October 21, 7:00 AM; 4216 block of Fessenden St, NW; CCN 21153325
- Between Wednesday, October 20, 7:30 PM and October 21, 7:00 AM; 4216 block of Fessenden St, NW; CCN 21153300
- Between Thursday, October 21, 2:58 AM and 10:00 AM; 4600 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 21153270
- Thursday, October 21, 3:00 AM; 4600 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 21153273
Two males, one with a crowbar, entered the businesses and stole money from the cash register. They have committed over 15 burglaries throughout DC. There is a person of interest in these cases, but no arrests have been made thus far.
Motor Vehicle Theft (1 Total)
- Monday, October 4, 7:36 PM; 4300 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 21143624. The owner left the vehicle running with the keys in the ignition. Two suspects got out of a black Cadillac and began checking door handles when they came across the vehicle running. Both suspects got into the vehicle and drove away. The stolen vehicle was last seen traveling south bound followed by the black Cadillac. The vehicle was recovered in the 3rd Police District.