RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT IN DDOT #10382246
1. Muncheez Restaurant has applied for permission from the Public Space Commission to install an unenclosed sidewalk café in front of its restaurant planned for 4600 Wisconsin Avenue, a mixed-use property with residences above.
2. The applicant has agreed with the ANC to amend its application to limit the hours of operation for the sidewalk café to 10 pm on weeknights, and midnight on weekends. These hours are consistent with those of other nearby sidewalk cafes and appropriate for a commercial site with residence above.
3. ANC 3E believes that unenclosed sidewalk cafes tend to increase the liveliness and appeal of the streetscape on Wisconsin Avenue.
4. This benefit must be weighed against possible burden from eg, noise and disturbance from late operations. Given the reasonable closing time Muncheez has agreed to for its sidewalk café, there does not appear to be such a concern present here.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
1. ANC 3E supports the above-referenced application, in reliance on the applicant’s promise to amend its application to limit the hours of operation of its sidewalk café to 10 pm on weeknights and midnight on weekends.
The resolution passed by a vote of 5-0-0 at a properly noticed meeting held on May 11, 2017, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Hall, McHugh, Quinn, and Wallace in attendance.
__________________ by Jonathan Bender Chairperson