2017 03 Meeting
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: Directions to meeting
March 9, 2017, 7:30 pm
Tenleytown Ballroom I
Embassy Suites Hotel, Chevy Chase Pavilion
(Further information on getting to the meeting location appears below.)
- Announcements / Open Forum– opportunity for members of the community to raise issues of concern or importance to the 3E neighborhood
- Presentation by 2ndDistrict Police
- Presentation regarding Persistent Surveillance System used by Baltimore police and possible adoption by MPD
- Panel discussion regarding possible reform of Youth Rehabilitation Act
- Discussion of and possible vote on of grant request for uniforms and equipment repair for Wilson HS band
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding DDOT Notice of Intent to permit limited parking on the north side 4100 Yuma Street, NW
- Discussion of and possible vote on DDOT Notice of Intent to replace traffic signal at 46th and Van Ness with 4-way stop sign
- Approval of February 2017 meeting minutes
- Approval of expenditures
February 16, 2016
Mr. Johnathan Bender, Chairperson Revised/Amended
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 3E
Re: Installation of School Hour Operation
Dear Mr. Bender:
Pursuant to the “Administrative Procedure Amendment Act of 2000” D.C. LAW 13-249 (48 DCR 3491 April 20, 2001), the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is required to give a written notice of our intent to modify traffic and/or parking requirements. This letter is being forwarded to you for the purpose of notification and solicitation of comments on our intent to implement the following in your jurisdiction.
Based on some additional evaluation and comments from both internal and external stakeholder concerning parking along the 4100 block of Yuma Street, the District Department of Transportation wishes to modify its previous Notice of Intent to adopt some changes. Parents of Janney Elementary School located in ANC 3E01 at 4130 Albemarle Street, N.W., contacted DDOT to provide an additional pickup and drop-off area for students attending their facility. Additional analysis of the streets surrounding the school found that the northside of the 4100 block of Yuma Street has a current 2 Hour Parking regulation between the hours of 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM Monday–Friday. Research into this parking restrictions along Yuma found that it is more preferable from a traffic safety perspective to re-designate the 2 Hour Parking spaces on the northside to No Parking School Days 7:00 to 9:00 AM and 3:00 to 6:30 PM Monday–Fridayw/ inset language to allow a 15 Minute window for drop-off and pick-up during those times. Based on these findings, the District Department of Transportation(DDOT) proposes following changes to parking regulations along the 4100 block of Yuma Street:
- DDOT will replace the 2 Hour Parking signs (northside) with No Parking School Days 7:00 AM to 9:00 AMand 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM Monday–Friday .
These sign will have an inset language to allow 15 Minute drop-off and pick-up of children attending Janney Elementary School and St. Albans Early Childhood Center.
- DDOT will install 1 Hour Parking signs between the hours of 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMMonday–Friday on the northside.
All comments on this subject matter must be filed in writing, not later than thirty days (30) after the date of this notice with the District Department of Transportation, Policy, Planning, and Sustainability Administration, Safe Routes to School Coordinator, 55 M Street S.E., 5th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20003
Very truly yours,
Bicycle and Pedestrian Program Specialist
Safe Routes to School Coordinator
Policy, Planning, and Sustainability Administration
Getting to the Meeting Location: Parking is available in the Chevy Chase Pavilion garage (not validated) or on nearby streets. The Metro stop is also located directly below the hotel. If entering the front door of the hotel, or after parking in the garage, take the elevator (or escalator) to the 2nd floor. Once on the 2nd floor landing, take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Turn right after exiting the elevator, then turn left down the hall for the Tenleytown Ballroom, which will be on the left down a hallway. You can also ask for directions from the front desk located on the 2nd floor.