May 11, 2023, 7:30 pm
(Further information on accessing the virtual meeting appears below.)
- Announcements / Open Forum– opportunity for members of the community to raise issues of concern or importance to the 3E neighborhood (15 minutes)
- Presentation by 2ndDistrict Police (10 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on application by consortium of faith organizations (including St. Columba’s) for $5,000 grant to bring “Undesign the Redline” to Tenleytown/Friendship Heights (5 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on letter supporting Friends of Friendship Park application to close small portion of Van Ness Street, NW during the Turtle Park May Fair (10 minutes)
- Presentation by and discussion with Chancellor Ferebee regarding DCPS budget (45 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution seeking increased funding for Murch Elementary School (10 minutes)
- Presentation on DC Smart Street Lighting program (20 minutes)
- Discussion and possible vote on resolution regarding UIP request to exempt a prospective tenant from the PUD prohibition on “chain stores” at The Broadcast building (20 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding proposed changes to WMATA bus routes (15 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding whether PUD application by Wesley Seminary should be set down for a hearing (20 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding proposed legislation to create a Business Improvement District in Friendship Heights (15 minutes)
- Approval of April 2023 meeting minutes
- Approval of expenditures
– – – –
Virtual Meeting Procedures:
- Attendees are required to pre-register for the Zoom meeting by clicking on the “Join Zoom Meeting” link below. The registration should be done on a computer and not a mobile device.
- We expect all attendees to be civil and engage in a respectful discourse.
- All attendees will be muted by the meeting host. When recognized to speak, the meeting host will unmute the attendee.
- After a presenter completes his or her presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask their questions or make comments followed by Commissioners.
- During meetings, residents should use the raise hand to request to comment and they will then be recognized by the chair. Attendees may also us the chat function to make comments.
- Attendees will have an opportunity to be heard once on an issue before anyone is heard twice.
- If many attendees want to speak on an issue, priority will be given to ANC3E residents first and then if time allows, residents who live outside of ANC3E will be recognized.
Join the Zoom Meeting:
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: May 11, 2023 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.