Crimes in Police Service Area 202
Reported in May 2020
|OFFENSE||May2020||April2020||May2019||2020YTD Total (avg/month)||2019Total (avg/month)|
|Homicide||0||0||0||0 (0.00)||1 (0.08)|
|Sex Abuse||0||0||0||0 (0.00)||1 (0.08)|
|Assault with Dangerous Weapon||1||0||0||5 (1.00)||5 (0.42)|
|Robbery||1||0||0||3 (0.60)||19 (1.58)|
|Total Violent Crimes||2||0||0||8 (1.60)||26 (2.17)|
|Burglary||4||1||3||7 (1.40)||22 (1.83)|
|Thefts from Auto||12||9||19||98 (19.60)||209 (17.42)|
|Thefts Other||8||6||25||117 (23.40)||328 (27.33)|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||5||2||0||13 (2.60)||18 (1.50)|
|Total Property Crimes||29||18||47||235 (47.00)||577 (48.08)|
|TOTAL||31||18||47||243 (48.6)||603 (50.25)|
Data reflect the date crimes were reported to MPD and include all crimes reported in PSA 202 as of June 7, 2020. Source https://dcatlas.dcgis.dc.gov
PSA 202 Crime Trends:
Total crimes were up 72% in May 2020 over the previous month but down 34% over May 2019. Crimes were also 38% lower this month then over the monthly average over the last five years.
Crime Details by Category:
Assault with Dangerous Weapon (1 Total)
- Saturday, May 23, 6:23 PM; 5224 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 20076447. The suspect threatened the victim with a hammer. Officers made an arrest on the scene. The victim was uninjured. The victim did not know the suspect.
Robbery (1 Total)
- Saturday, May 16, 2:11 AM; 4300 block of Military Rd, NW; CCN 20072825. The suspects approached the victim and brandished a handgun, took property and fled the scene.
Burglary (4 Total)
- Monday, May 4, between 4 PM and 7 PM; 4800 block of Nebraska Ave NW; CCN 20067483. This burglary was domestic in nature. An ex-boyfriend broke into the house and assaulted the victim. An arrest was made.
- Between Monday, May 4 at 9 PM and Tuesday, May 5 at 9 AM; 3814 block of Chesapeake St, NW; CCN 20067795. Unknown person broke into Wilson High School and caused damage to metal detectors and computers.
- Between Wednesday, May 13 at 2:17 PM and Wednesday, May 20 at 2:00 PM; 4200 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 20074821. Unknown persons broke into the American University Greenberg Theater, destroyed a cash register and stole $300 in cash.
- Between Thursday, May 14 at 9:00 PM and Friday, May 15 at 10:10 AM; 5100 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 20072362. Unknown persons broke into the theater and stole several laptops.
Motor Vehicle Theft (5 Total)
- Between Thursday, April 9 at 8:00 PM and Friday, May 8 at 4:00 PM; 4400 block of Jenifer St, NW; CCN 20069394. Unknown persons stole a vehicle owned by the GETAROUND vehicle service. The vehicle has been recovered.
- Tuesday, May 5, 6:51 AM; 4500 block of Verplanck Pl, NW; CCN 20067708. The vehicle was stolen by an unknown suspect and was found unoccupied in front of 4505 Warren St, NW.
- Tuesday, May 5, between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM; 4336 block Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 20068220. Unknown persons stole a moped that was parked on the street.
- Tuesday, May 5, 2:14 PM; 4100 block of Brandywine St, NW; CCN 20067861. An arrest was made after a suspect attempted to steal a motorcycle from the garage at the listed location.
- Monday, May 25, between 2:10 PM and 3:25 PM; 4200 block of 47th St, NW; CCN 2007733. The victim’s vehicle was stolen while parked on the street. It was recovered later that evening in the 4th Disctict.