July 14, 2016
American University, Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Ave NW, Ceremonial Classroom
(Further information on getting to the meeting location appears below.)
- Announcements / Open Forum– opportunity for members of the community to raise issues of concern or importance to the 3E neighborhood (15 minutes)
- Presentation by 2ndDistrict Police (15 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on application to make various changes to public space at residence at 4256 Nebraska Ave, NW, including overheight fence and driveway renovation (10 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on application to install bollards in public space at City Church at 4100 River Road (10 minutes)
- Discussion of and vote on grant application for Tenleytown Main Streets (TTMS) (5 minutes)
- Discussion of and vote on grant application from IONA Senior Services (5 minutes)
- Presentation by Valor Development about redevelopment proposal for Superfresh Site at 48th and Yuma (45 minutes)
- Discussion of and possible vote on resolution regarding application by Urban Investment Partners to modify public space around building at 4000 Brandywine St, NW (15 minutes)
- Approval of June 2016 meeting minutes
- Approval of expenditures
ANC3E traditionally has encouraged broad public engagement at its meetings, but a downside of such engagement is that meetings can be long. We are committed to preserving the tradition of public participation, but we also want to experiment with approaches to shortening meetings. To do that, the Commission will begin asking each member of the public recognized by the chair to limit his or her comments to 2 minutes, 3 minutes if you are speaking on behalf of a group and will ask other attendees to respect the speaker by not interrupting. Subject to overall time limits on each agenda item, we have tried and will try to give each attendee who wants to speak a chance to do so before calling on attendees a second time.
– – – –
Getting to the Meeting Location: The Washington College of Law is located at 4300 Nebraska Ave, NW, just off of Tenley Circle. Parking is available at the WCL garage or on nearby streets.
If parking in the garage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting for a parking pass. The entrance to the parking garage is though the driveway on Nebraska Ave between Tenley Circle and Warren Street. Park near the end of level P1 and take the elevator to the Lobby Level. Walk straight as you exit the elevator. When you get past the staircase, turn right and walk straight ahead, through the Commons, past the main lobby/Information Desk to the Ceremonial Classroom.
If walking or parking on the street, please enter through the Warren Entry, off of Nebraska Ave between Tenley Circle and Warren St. The Ceremonial Classroom is directly to your left as you enter the building.