RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT IN BZA #19568
- The owners of the property at 4348 Garrison St NW seek to add a two-story addition to their home there.
- Although the addition is on the side of the owners’ house, the house is on a corner lot, and that side of the house is considered the front yard for zoning purposes.
- The proposed addition would not comply with zoning requirements for front yard setback. Accordingly, the owners seek a special exception from that requirement.
- The owners have secured letters of support or non-opposition from the nearest neighbors, and the addition does not appear substantially to adversely affect any neighbors.
- The proposed addition does not appear to be out of character with the neighborhood.
- The proposed addition would result in some loss of permeable space. The applicants have agreed, install and use a rain barrel to collect water runoff, which should mitigate the loss of permeable space.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
- ANC 3E supports the above-referenced application, in reliance on the applicant’s promise to install and use a rain barrel on the property after the addition is completed.
- ANC 3E respectfully asks the Board of Zoning Adjustment, if it approves the instant application, to make the installation and use of a rain barrel on the property a condition of its approval.
The resolution passed by a vote of 5-0-0 at a properly noticed meeting held on September 19, 2017, at which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Ehrhardt, Hall, McHugh, and Quinn in attendance.
by Jonathan Bender