Crimes in Police Service Area 202
Reported in October 2023
|OFFENSE||Oct 2023||Sep2023||Oct 2022||2023 YTD Total (avg/month)||2022 Total (avg/month)||Avg/month Jan 2015 – Oct 2023|
|Homicide||0||0||0||0 (0.00)||0 (0.00)||0.02|
|Sex Abuse||0||0||0||1 (0.10)||3 (0.25)||0.11|
|Assault with Dangerous Weapon||0||0||0||1 (0.10)||5 (0.42)||0.59|
|Robbery||4||0||2||11 (1.10)||14 (1.17)||1.19|
|Total Violent Crimes||4||0||2||13 (1.30)||22 (1.83)||1.90|
|Burglary||1||0||0||8 (0.80)||12 (1.00)||1.91|
|Thefts from Auto||5||5||6||107 (10.70)||78 (6.50)||13.22|
|Thefts Other||6||17||19||154 (15.30)||194 (16.17)||21.19|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||3||2||1||22 (2.20)||21 (1.75)||1.81|
|Total Property Crimes||15||24||26||290 (29.00)||305 (25.42)||38.13|
|TOTAL||19||24||28||303 (30.30)||327 (27.25)||40.04|
Data reflect the date crimes were reported to MPD and include all crimes reported in PSA 202 as of Nov 2, 2023. Source https://dcatlas.dcgis.dc.gov
PSA 202 Crime Trends:
Crimes reported in October 2023 were 21% lower than in September 2023 and 32% lower than in October 2022. The Monthly average of Property Crimes is 14% higher in 2023 than in 2022. The Total monthly average crime for 2023 is 11% higher than 2022 monthly averages (30.30 vs 27.25) and 25% lower than then historical monthly average from January 2015 through Oct 2023 (30.30 vs 40.30).
Crime Details by Category:
Robbery (4 Total):
- Wednesday, October 11 at 9:30 AM; 4500 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 23167742. The victim reported that an unknown suspect ran past her and snatched their headphones from their head and fled towards Jackson-Reed HS. The victim was not injured in the robbery and could not describe the offender.
- Saturday, October 14 at 7:30 PM; Yuma St and 48th St, NW; CCN 23169728. The complainant reported that an unknown male suspect snatched her crossbody bag from her. The complainant stated that the suspect approached her from the side and snatched the bag.
- Tuesday, October 24 at 7:17 PM; 4500 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; 23175250. MPD Officers were flagged down by two juvenile victims, who Deal Middle School. They reported that six juvenile suspects surrounded them and demanded their property. Both victims stated that the juvenile suspects threatened to harm them if they did not comply. MPD Officers canvassed the area and apprehended one suspect. The other five suspects fled the scene.
- Wednesday, October 25 at 10:42 AM; 4500 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 23175640. The complainant stated while eating in front of the Chick Fil-A an unknown suspect snatched the headphones from his head and fled down Wisconsin Ave NW. The complainant then pursued the suspect, but lost him in the alley headed towards Jackson Reed High School.
Burglary (1 Total):
- Saturday, October 21 at 6:30 PM; 3800 block of Van Ness St, NW; CCN 23173700. MPD unit received a call for service for a burglary in progress at the listed location. The complainant stated they came to the listed location to feed the cat and observed the suspect standing inside the residence near the front door. The suspect then walked out the front door and fled in an unknown direction. Inside the residence, the residents stated that multiple rooms throughout the house had belongings moved around but as of now nothing appears to be taken.
Motor Vehicle Theft (3 Total)
- Tuesday, July 18 at 2:50 PM; 4416 block of 49th St, NW; CCN 23169083. The complainant stated that his vehicle was last seen on Tuesday 18 July 2023 and noticed it missing on Friday 13 October 2023. The registration and key were in the vehicle. The vehicle is equipped with GPS.
- Friday, October 6 at 11:00 PM; 4400 block of Harrison St, NW; CCN 23165513. The complainant reported that she parked her vehicle in front of her residence on 10/06/23. When they returned for the vehicle on 10/7/23 they noticed her car missing. MPD unit observed shattered auto glass on the ground where the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was recovered on 10/8/2023, in front of 333 16th street NE with the ignition punched in and the rear driver side window smashed.
- Thursday, October 12 at 10:00 PM; 4500 block of Wisconsin Ave, NW; CCN 23169132. The complainant reported that she parked the listed vehicle in the parking garage and when they returned to the listed location the vehicle was gone. The vehicle was recovered on 10/28/2023 in front of 1755 Galen St SE with damage to the door handle, steering column, and ignition. In addition, the vehicle had heavy body damage to the passenger side of the vehicle and cosmetic scratches throughout.