RESOLUTION OF PROTEST IN ABRA‐083570
1. ABRA noticed a hearing for renewal of a of a Class C Restaurant license for DC Narveer, Inc., doing business as Café of India, for May 13, 2019, with a petition date of April 29, 2019.
2. ANC 3E received a detailed complaint from a constituent at its April 11, 2019 meeting about noise and disturbance associated with Café of India.
3. The ANC approved a motion at that meeting directing commissioners to work with the constituent and the applicant to attempt to resolve their differences.
4. Per this motion, if said differences could not be adequately resolved before the protest date, the ANC would protest renewal of Café of India’s license.
5. Although negotiations have been ongoing, the parties have not yet adequately resolved their differences. Accordingly, the ANC must lodge a protest, but will continue to work with the parties in the hope that the matter can be amicably resolved before the hearing date.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
1. ANC 3E respectfully lodes a protest against Café of India in ABRA‐083570 on
grounds of disturbance of peace, order, and quiet of the neighborhood et al.
The resolution passed by a vote of 4‐0‐0 at a properly noticed meeting held on April 11, 2019, at
which a quorum was present, with Commissioners Bender, Hall, McHugh, Quinn, in attendance. ANC 3E
__________________ by Jonathan Bender Chairperson